Monday, December 8, 2008

Question

I want everyone that has already had a child to describe to me what it felt like when you first felt the baby move. I think this will be interesting to see everyone descriptions and to see how different or alike it was for everybody. If you will just leave a comment and let me know how it was for you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

it changed of course as I got further along but at first it just felt like a gas bubble then like a small "something" pushing trying to get out and the by the end it was like a alien!!!

Jackie said...

When Sarah moved for the first time, it felt like a little flutter right underneath my belly button....from then on it got stronger and stronger until it was a strong kick or stretch.....If you sit in Jack's truck with your back against his speakers, It gives you the same feeling...I know it's weird but the rare times that I ride in his truck, I feel it all over again and wished I was pregnant again! :)

Unknown said...

It was the most wonderful and exciting feeling ever for both of my children...

Anonymous said...

When I felt Miss Saylor for the very first time, it was like she was thumping my stomach from the inside out, like 3 little thumps at a time, and then she would stop! Then of course she got stronger, and those thumps definantly turned into kicks! I could feel her most at night, when I laid down to go to sleep, or after a glass of orange juice! I can't wait to meet your little angel, they are truly a blessing! We love ya'll and let us know if we'll be buying pink or blue!!

Anonymous said...

With Ki'ana it felt like a little flutter more on the right side of my belly. With David it was more like a gas bubble. Then with Zaden it was a combo of both...of course with each one I could feel the kicks get stronger and stronger as months passed by. Each one of them in the ribs and sides mainly. Those moments are the moments you will never forget!!!

Becca said...

The first time I felt the NeeNee move, it felt like a butterfly in my tummy. At first I wasn't sure that I felt it but then it slowly became natural for her to move. I can't wait for you to feel it.

Anonymous said...

I guess everyone describes it as a butterfly. The first time I felt Caleb he actually didn't move or kick or anything, he had the hiccups. For about 20 minutes I kept feeling little jiggles in my tummy. I don't really remember feeling Caleb moving until he started kicking. Before that I just kept wondering if what I was feeling was "it". This little guy right now though, he feels like little thumps on the inside of my belly. Almost like someone were flicking me inside my tummy.

Anonymous said...

At first, it was a soft fluttering feeling. With each month that passed, that "flutter" got more intense. Once the little guy got to 22 1/2" it was more like a Mack truck! I hate to say it, but with Lester's height, you may get one of those Mack trucks, too ;-) It's all worth it!

Anonymous said...

I may not be the right person to ask being that I had 2 moving at all times! But I remember feeling like I had butterflies in my belly. It did not seem very long after that I began to feel the girls moving and trying to fight for space. From that moment on, I felt alot of movement with 4 limbs sticking at all at one time! But it is the most amazing feelings. I miss that more than anything even now.

Anonymous said...

I was going to put something on here yesterday, but the BOSS came in and I had to get off. So.... here goes. It was pretty much the same with all 3 boys. A flutter at first/felt kind of like gas!!!hehehe, but then it was more of a roll and push and kick and stretch, especially with the biggest one, which was LB. I'm sorry! He was just a big baby and look at him now. Love ya and can't wait to meet this little guy/gal. GiGi

Anonymous said...

Well with Kelli I was at work and I thought that I had dropped my pen and that it hit my belly, but then I loked down and no pen on the floor and then I felt it again.... I screamed and said "I just felt the baby move. My co-worker Natalie and I just talked and talked about how amazing it was.... and then the kicks got stronger and stronger. Melinda used to like to lay her head on my belly and let baby kick her in the ear and look at my Kelli now. Brad was always like a football player.... kicking pretty hard. Les & Kel, I can't wait to be a Nonnie and hold that sweet, precious baby in my arms. GOD IS SO GOOD !